However, Juicy gals who love rocking a perfect partial sew in, can’t help but have concerns over the stress and breakage you may be putting your hair through when blending usually top and sides of your natural hair with your weave.
Fortunately thanks to lace weave closures achieving a more realistic blend doesn’t have to result in your hair becoming too thin and break off.
Weave closure, an oblong or circle shaped hair piece usually made of lace that is attached to a cornrow base and then secured around the perimeter to give the appearance of hair coming out your head.
And did we mention it comes with its share of benefits?!
Check out Juicy’s Top 5 reasons why you should opt for a lace closure when rocking your next install:
1. Texture Isn’t An Issue: Closure pieces come in every texture you could possible think from Silky Straight remy to Afro-Curly Mongolian. So let your hair down and experiment with different textures that you usually shy away from due to the difficulty of trying to create that perfect blend.
2. Versatile Parting: If you invest in a quality lace base closure be ready to fool the world into thinking your weave is au naturale. Lace base closures are designed with medium density and bleached knots to give off the appearance of a natural scalp. Also, allowing you the option to part anywhere on the closure, as well as pull your hair off your face while still creating the effect of a natural hairline.
3. Color Is A Go: Ladies with the closure piece you no longer have to worry about damaging your real strands trying to color match your weave to your leave out. Although most lace closures come in natural black and natural brown, the closure itself still has the cuticle in tact, giving you the ability to chemically lighten or darken it to your desired color without causing any damage to your weave or real hair.
4. Low Maintenance: We can’t think of anything else more low maintenance than being able to protect your strands while having absolute styling versatility. Besides the normal cleansing of your hair and scalp every 1-2 weeks, and everyday styling and maintaining, adorning a closure requires very little to no maintenance depending on how you install it. Simply wrap your hair or wear a bonnet at night and you should be all set!
5. Perfect Protective Style: The sole fact that your hair is completely braided and protected underneath your weave and closure allows for optimum protective styling. Allowing your crown the break it needs from everyday wear and tear such as flat-ironing, product build-up, excessive styling, sun damage, etc. Like the rest of your temple, sometimes your hair just needs a break!
***Try Juicy web editor’s SHIREA L. CARROLL‘s pick: Premium Malaysian closure by California Lace Wigs. Click here for more information, and where to buy.***
So what do you think Juicy gals are you more prone to rock a closure or still on the fence?